Removing Water Marks from Wood Furniture

I have water marks on wood furniture and wonder how best to remove them? Thanks.

Donna

Answers:

I had set a hot pizza box on my Maple dining table that left two white spots on the surface. I tried mayo and the blow dryer to no avail. Went looking for baking soda and had none and got the idea of trying the stuff I use to clean my ceramic cooktop. It's like a softscrub (finegrit). The white spots disappeared immediately. I did not need the hairdryer or the mayo. Will wax it and it'll be good as new. (12/28/2008)

By Vickie

We had a water mark on our Ethan Allen table from a container that came out of the microwave and made a white cloudy mark on the table. So I grabbed "Hints and Help from Heloise" and they said mayo and cigarette ashes, but we don't smoke so we decided to try the internet. I read about the baking soda having grit like that cigarette ashes. I knew that that would have to work. And it did, adding heat with a hot hair dryer also helped. (12/28/2008)

By Elizabeth

Olive oil + ashes + hair dryer = Done. Thank you. (01/18/2009)

By K

Had several water spots from hot dishes on table. Previously used several processes and products with no success. Used the wax paper, cotton cloth and dry iron. Amazing. It took several times but all spots gone. (02/10/2009)

By Donna

A hair dryer worked well on a fresh water stain. It was a big stain and I thought the furniture was ruined, but it was still wet and the dryer did the trick. (04/08/2009)

By Charlotta

I had some nail polish that a babysitter tried to get off my brand new beautiful oak dinning table. Needless to say the mark was terrible and I thought for sure my table was ruined. I tried the mayo, nothing. After a very sleepless night I read this posting and tried the mayo and baking soda combo. I love you guys! My table looks as though nothing ever happened. Thank you all. (06/18/2009)

By DebHussey

Water Mark on Wood
White rings left by drinks on a wood table.
Removing Drink Rings from Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
🎉
🎄