Removing Water Marks on Windows

I have water marks on my windows and can't seem to get rid of them. There is also a substance that I think is paint, but I am not sure. I have tried vinegar window cleaners, but with no results. I would appreciate all ideas. I just moved into this house and am a fanatic about clean windows .

Elizabeth from Santiago, Chile

Newspaper and Alcohol

I have used newspaper and a sprayer full of alcohol or alcohol and water with excellent results to get smoke haze off the inside of car windows and smoke haze is hard to remove! It should work on the windows, or try vinegar and water instead. As for the paint, get a widget; hold the blade at about a 45 degree angle to the glass and push it toward the paint dots, should scrape them right off. Just be careful!

By purrplekat

Doobie Pad

I had something that sounds similar on my windows and had to resort to a Doobie pad. It's a nylon scrubber with a sponge inside. I used various window cleaners and just scrubbed until all the spots were off then cleaned as usual with clean cloths. I don't like using newspapers, but many people swear by it.

By Glenn'sMom

Hard Water Spots on Windows
Removing Hard Water Spots on Windows
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows