Removing "White Out" From A Check

How do I get white out off a check? Someone signed my check thinking it was hers then she whited out.

Dial from Arizona

Answers:

Removing "White Out" From A Check

The back of the check as in endorsing it you mean?

I think I would call your bank and see what their policy is about cashing it. (04/24/2008)

By Kaelle

Removing "White Out" From A Check

Contact the people who issued the check and ask them how to proceed.
I seriously doubt a bank would accept a check with White Out on it, in this day and age of "washed" checks and forgeries. It would
be prudent to ask for a replacement check and have them void
the "White-out" check.

Good luck. (04/25/2008)

Removing 'White Out' From A Check

I would definitely get in touch with whoever issued you the check, because it will almost definitely be seen as suspect at any financial institution, or at stores. Most of the time, you are not allowed to cash a check that has been "tampered with" in any way. Even in a retail store, any changes to a check must be initialed by the check writer as OK. For example, if you write $4.49 and then change it to $4.59 because you made a mistake, you must initial it in order to verify that you OK'd the change. (04/26/2008)

By bailegirl

Removing 'White Out' From A Check

I am a teller supervisor, and I can tell you, if that was presented for encashment or deposit at my bank I would have to recommend that the person in possession of the check take it back to the maker and ask them to reissue the check. Even if someone accepted the check, that does not mean it will not come back, checks can be returned for up to three years for certain discrepancies. Don't take the chance. (04/27/2008)

By purrplekat