Removing White Stains from a Wood Table

I've been using an iron to remove them like some people are suggesting. I was wowed by this solution. This solution works temporarily. The white stains keep coming back! I've used plastic plates and cups. All my plates are white, I was wondering if this is reason why?

By wahwong62

I too tried the steam iron on cotton trick, and it did work to some degree, but it left the surface of the table where the stain was very slightly rough to the touch. With a flash of inspiration I decided to try rubbing the area with a little drop of metal polish such as Brasso. This worked a treat, and as I progressed across the effected area, the white stain gradually disappeared. A final rub with a good quality wax polish and I defy anyone to tell me where the stain had been. Job done to my wife's total satisfaction!

I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and I can't believe it really worked! The white stain is gone.

Anonymous

Magic eraser worked for me.

Anonymous

I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it ruined the finish on my table.

Anonymous

After making the mark worse with the iron method I used a Mr. clean Magic Eraser and it worked! Thanks for posting!

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip! I thought I ruined a sofa table after I used it to iron. Even tho I had thick towels, it got multiple white burn marks from the iron. I used a magic eraser, then rubbed a generous coat of lemon oil furniture polish. It looks like new! 

Thanks for the tip! I thought I ruined a sofa table after I used it to iron. Even tho I had thick towels, it got multiple white burn marks from the iron. I used a magic eraser in the direction of the grain, then rubbed a generous coat of lemon oil furniture polish. It looks like new! 

I had huge places on my dining room table from my daughter ironing on the table with just a towel. MAGIC ERASER was the answer. I tried the hair dryer and the iron trick with a thicker towel....then got out the Magic Eraser and used that. Yet to add the lemon oil, but white area (and it was 2 large areas) are gone.

Anonymous

Thank you for the magic eraser tip. You saved the look of the table.

Anonymous

I did the same thing, have a mahogany dining table, put 2 towels down plus a sheet and still...white marks galore. used the magic eraser and worked like a charm, thank you so much!!!

Anonymous

I was skeptical, but the Mister Clean Magic Eraser worked for me.