Removing a Blue Green Stain in the Shower

Three years ago a stain appeared in my shower. It's a blue-green stain coming from the shower handle to the drain, a streak. Does anyone know how to fix it?

By Casey D. from Trenton, ME

Sounds like the mineral Lime in your water supply, some scrubbing with a toothbrush & Baking Soda should remove it, you can also buy "CLR" [Calcium, Lime, Rust] to apply.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7826981_remove-green-water-stains-faucet.html

Nope, sounds like copper in your pipes. Copper turns blue green when aging, a LOT of pipes are copper. Try something that take copper stains out but you'd also might want to check with a plumber as to why it's leaking!

A plumbers wife

The bluegreen color is not lime (that is white); it is likely copper, but the copper may have stained the lime deposit. I suspect that you can remove this with vinegar or CLR. I have some stains like this from a dripping tap. You may have a bit of a drip from your shower. I have never had a copper stain without having a lime deposit as well. I wouldn't bother trying the baking soda. Baking soda will not dissolve a lime deposit as an acid like vinegar will. Little or no scrubbing should be required, just spray on vinegar, or soak a paper towel in vinegar, and lay it on the stain for 10 to 15 minutes. It should dissolve right off.

If the above suggestions don't work, I have discovered Lime Away toilet bowl cleaner gel is my miracle for all things in a shower or sink. Use with caution. Sometimes it discolors metal and then other times it does not. And of course it works great in the toilet!

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJune 12, 2011
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
🎉
🎄