BathroomCleaning

Removing a Blue Green Stain in the Shower

Three years ago a stain appeared in my shower. It's a blue-green stain coming from the shower handle to the drain, a streak. Does anyone know how to fix it?

By Casey D. from Trenton, ME

Sounds like the mineral Lime in your water supply, some scrubbing with a toothbrush & Baking Soda should remove it, you can also buy "CLR" [Calcium, Lime, Rust] to apply.

http://www.ehow  ains-faucet.html

Nope, sounds like copper in your pipes. Copper turns blue green when aging, a LOT of pipes are copper. Try something that take copper stains out but you'd also might want to check with a plumber as to why it's leaking!

A plumbers wife

The bluegreen color is not lime (that is white); it is likely copper, but the copper may have stained the lime deposit. I suspect that you can remove this with vinegar or CLR. I have some stains like this from a dripping tap. You may have a bit of a drip from your shower. I have never had a copper stain without having a lime deposit as well. I wouldn't bother trying the baking soda. Baking soda will not dissolve a lime deposit as an acid like vinegar will. Little or no scrubbing should be required, just spray on vinegar, or soak a paper towel in vinegar, and lay it on the stain for 10 to 15 minutes. It should dissolve right off.

If the above suggestions don't work, I have discovered Lime Away toilet bowl cleaner gel is my miracle for all things in a shower or sink. Use with caution. Sometimes it discolors metal and then other times it does not. And of course it works great in the toilet!