Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

How can I repair burn marks on carpets?

Karen from Swiftwater, PA

Answers:

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

I always get a little pair of scissors and cut the burned part off, fluff it up and forget it. It doesn't show from a glance. (02/07/2008)

By Lily 59

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

Do as another one said. Cut out the burnt places if they are small. Then go to a closet and with scissors or razor blade scale off the top to get pile and glue in (super glue) where the burnt places were. My brother (the carpet and tile expert) gave me this advice. I did this in an appartment I just moved from. You'd have to get down on your hands and knees and look really close to see the repairs. (02/08/2008)

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

The best way to remove a slight burn from Berber carpeting is to get a blunt pair of scissors (the tips of the metal scissors are slightly rounded). Scratch the scissors across the burn several times. The melted fibers of the Berber carpeting will start to loosen up and turn into almost a powdery residue. Make sure you don't do it for a super-long time; you don't want the loops to break or the carpet to become too "fuzzy" from the impact of the scissors. Eventually, the singed fibers will loosen up and the carpet's appearance should be lighter. This will not work for heavy burns, only for a slight melting where the fibers have turned a bit "gray".

I hope this helps. I just finished experimenting with this on my own carpet. Irons suck. (03/11/2008)

By Carpet Burns Suck

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

I have a very light colored carpet. I had a party and I got 3 major burns from coals. Tried to cut away the worst and scrub it away. It's still going to look bad, so for a white carpet rub chalk in and for a light colored carpet, use make up base. It works like a charm. (05/25/2008)

By Tash

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

Carpet cleaner and razor works every time. Thanks everyone.
(11/30/2008)

By James

iron burn on carpet
Repairing a Burn Mark on Carpet
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
🎉
🎄