Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Removing a Callous on Toe

I have a callous on my toe from no nail due to toenail fungus. How to remove it?

By Olga

Yikes, they have an ointment specially made for calluses. You might want to get an anti-fungal cream as well to go along with that. If it proceeds to bother you or get worse, I would get a doctor to check it out and professionally treat it and remove it.

I get severe callouses on my big toes because of bunions.. I think I "push off" with the ball of my feet so get them on the big toe of the first joint. I get them so bad that I have to soak my feet about every 5 days and then I remove them. I lay a sharp cuticle scissors flat on them and chop away. I know this sounds dangerous but I have tried using the little instruments you can buy and I can never figure how to get it back together once the blade slips out. My foot doctor used on on me and sliced into the soft flesh so I find this scissors works the best for me.

I have the same problem as Laniegirl and I do the same thing she does and I, too have tried the instruments and find the cuticle scissors do the trick better than anything.