Removing a Steam Mark from Table

I ironed on my dining room table and it left a big white stain. I've tried the mayo/ash trick, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Jane from CA

Removing a Steam Mark from Table

This article has many good tips on removing white rings and heat marks off your furniture: ... rings-and-water-spots-your-furniture (11/30/2008)

By Andrew

Removing a Steam Mark from Table

This just happened to me! I took a towel (a dish towel) set my iron to steam (make sure you have plenty of water in it), and hover over the mark for several minutes. I would lift the towel and check it while you are doing it. The wax paper idea didn't work for me. Then you need to get some lemon oil because your wood will be dried out. Good luck! Start to finish, 10 minutes. (01/13/2009)

By MeganW

Removing a Steam Mark from Table
Fabric Steam Press
Repairing a Fabric Steam Press
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Using A Steam Carpet Cleaner
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam