Renewing a Driver's License

Woman Renewing a Driver's License
Every state has its own motor vehicle rules and regulations. it is important to know what is expected of you when you renew your license. This is a guide about renewing a driver's license.

Someone very dear to me lost all her hair to chemotherapy. She is devastated by this. Her driver's license comes up for renewal soon and she doesn't know if she's allowed to wear a wig in her photo. The Virginia DMV was designated the worst in America(I believe it) and their website reflects this: a big, confused mess. I couldn't find an answer for this. Does anybody know? Don't suggest calling their 800 number. They have only one 800 number and only 15 operators for the entire state. It takes forever to get through, if you get through. They often put you on hold for hours then hang up on you. On top of that I've never been given correct information. Can anybody help?

You could ask the VA branch of the American Cancer Society...

Just wear it and don't mention it is a wig. I seriously doubt anyone will even say anything. they don't ask if you dye your hair.

I don't see where this would be a problem. Women and men both, dye and bleach their hair all the time. No one will know if it's her natural hair or a wig. I don't believe anyone would dare ask! I wouldn't bother even trying to ask them anything. Hair color is a choice these days. Would they dare ask a bald man what his hair color used to be, or is that baldness by choice or is it natural? lol

We lived in VA for many years and I agree with you. As to the wig-or-none, I might suggest that your friend goes to the DMV office at the beginning of her renewal month and see if she goes through okay. If not, have her get in writing just what is okay. Personally, if I came across this, I would wear a wig as close to my pre-radiation style and color as possible and say nothing unless asked. Cay from FL (We now live in Green Cove Springs, FL, and the clerks at the DMV are actually glad to see you and be of service! Another "planet" entirely!)