Repairing Bleach Spots on Suede Boots

Category Repairing
Bleach removes the dye from suede. There may be ways for you to repair the damage. This is a guide about repairing bleach spots on suede boots.

I got bleach on my new grey suede Timberland boots, what can I do to fix or dye them?
I also got some bleach on my black cords.

By Peter

I am not sure what to do about the boots. You can likely cover the spots on the cords with black jiffy marker, assuming that you have little spots and not great large splotches. Bleach removes the color from things, so this is not a stain. You have removed the dye and need to replace it, or live with your bleached out spots. Be careful with bleach. There isn't that much use for it in the house other than some bleaching white bathroom towels or tea towels.

Have you tried a permanent marker on the cords? Just let it dry good. Maybe a liquid shoe dye lightly dabbed on the spot on the shoes might cover it up. You didn't say what color they were but the dye comes in a few different colors, including a tan color.