Repairing Clothing Snags

Category Clothing
Certain fabrics seem to invite snags. It is extremely frustrating when this happens. This is a guide about repairing clothing snags.

I recently bought a shirt from Lane Bryant. The shirt is 100% polyester. There is a black polyester underlayer, with a sheer multi colored polyester overlay. I thought there was a piece of fuzz on the shirt, it turned out to be a snag. Well I pulled it and it made a run and hole in the outerlayer. If the material is stretched at all it runs even more. What can I use to fix it? My mom seems to think she can sew it, but I don't think she can. Please help! Thank you.

Best Answer

I have done this to sweaters before. If the snag is long enough I would take a round tooth pick and stick the snag underneath and weave it back and forth till I ran out of snag. Hope this helps

How do I repair the numerous "pulls" in the new microfiber, polyester "stay dry" golf shirts? I have tried pulling the fabric in different directions and pulling the threads to the inside of the shirt, nothing works.

By JoAnneB1 from Central NY

Best Answer

Hi, I found the perfect thing for snags etc from the "Clotild Catalogue" called "Snag Repair Tool" item # 145050 under " Handy Helpers" & the price only $2:28 each, - & to me worth it's weight in gold! I was SO impressed I bought one for each of my friends, now my sweaters & jackets that had snags look like new again, hope this helps. Cakedec

Best Answer

Is this is a fairly new Golf shirt? I believe that I would be tempted to take it back to the store where it was purchased. Just to ask if this is common for this type of fabric. Perhaps they would exchange your pulled shirt for a new one? Especially if they see you are not pleased with the fabric. Those type Golf Shirts are expensive too. Its a shame that it has pulls and snags.

Those little gizmos especially for snags are great! Especially for fine knits, sweaters and such. It would be a great thing to have handy.