Repairing Holes in Canvas Tent Trailer

What can I use to patch spark holes in the canvas ends of a pop-up camper?

By still looking from IA

Answers:

Repairing Holes in Canvas Tent Trailer

There are special kits for this. Any place that sells the canvas tents should have the patch kits. The kits are under $5. (01/19/2010)

By mom-from-missouri

Repairing Holes in Canvas Tent Trailer

I have patched small holes in pop-up camper canvas by getting a small piece of sailcloth, or canvas, cut slightly larger than hole, use needle and thread, (we used fishing line), to go around the edges first, so it will not unravel, then stitch the patch over the hole, or patches over the holes. Next, get one can of Camp Dry, or Scotch Guard, and give it a spray, according to directions. It will be pretty well sealed, or at least was for us, and cost very little, with fabric left over, and using fishing line we had. The can of Camp Dry should be laying around with the gear anyway. Hope that helps. (01/21/2010)

By LJF

Repairing Holes in Canvas Tent Trailer

Are the holes in the canvas or the screen? I have patched screen with stickers. A sticker on the inside or outside does the trick. Inside is best. It doesn't get as wet when it rains. If they don't want to stick put a little bit of Gorilla glue on the sticker and hold it in place for a few minutes. If you use the glue I would put another sticker on the outside because it looks kind of funny without an other sticker. On canvas, I imagine that stickers would work too. It looks kind of pretty with stickers on screens. (01/22/2010)

By sassier299