Repairing Painted Laminate Countertops

I am painting my laminate countertops. I put my first coat down and there were some bubbles. I sanded the bubbles down and then mixed up enough to just cover the bubbles. Well, I now have a mess. I'm going to have to re-do the entire counter. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm desperate.

By no-no-nancy from Brunswick, ME

Answers:

Repairing Painted Laminate Counterops

I am wondering what your process was. Did you sand, prime, and then paint? I used the Rustoleum paint made for countertops. With this, you do not use a primer or top coat. When I applied my first coat, I had small bubbles. I let it dry and lightly sanded the entire counter (even where there were no bubbles). Then I applied the 2nd coat and noticed small bubbles again. I was scared to death, but decided to just let it dry because it is self leveling and it looks great. I would suggest you sand the entire countertop again. I'm guessing that where you applied more paint over the bubble area is where your major problems are. If you sand all over and smooth it out, you can probably apply a 2nd coat to the entire countertop and you can use a blow dryer to get rid of the small bubbles.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you. (06/18/2009)

By Cherrell

Repairing Painted Laminate Countertops

After reading this site I took the plunge (sorry no before picture) and did my vanity (back splash not perfect ), but I am very proud of the result. As a 1st timer, I followed the basic instructions clean, prime, paint, even added my own little creation of the leaves. I used the EnviroTex Lite as a sealer. This post picture shows a darker green, but it is more of a sage color. (09/26/2009)

By MS.511

RE: Repairing Painted Laminate Countertops

Repairing Painted Laminate Countertops
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
Laminate Flooring
Using Laminate Flooring for Countertops
🎄