Repairing Scratches on Mirrors

Is there any product at all that can repair scratches on mirrors? I'm just sick: we just installed new mirrored doors on one of our closets; there were a couple of places where there were dirt marks just on the surface; glass cleaner and paper towels didn't do the job.

So I used a special scrubbing pad that is supposed to be safe to use on glass or mirrors, ha! Well it scratched my new mirrors. I checked at the hardware store and the clerk said there is nothing that will fix the scratches, but I thought I'd check with the ThriftyFun community before I give up.

Lynn from Chico, CA

Answers:

Repairing Scratches on Mirrors

Ask at an auto parts supply store for a product that can be used on windshields. Or, try at a windshield repair place. Either one may have a solution for you. (12/07/2007)

By Thrifty Me

Repairing Scratches on Mirrors

Over here, we have a product called Brasso, it's especially for polishing brass objects. See if you can find a similar product over there. All you do is place a tiny dab on a soft cloth and use lots and lots of elbow grease rubbing out the scratches. It works as a fine buffer. It will take a lot of work and time, but will get rid of the scratches, as long as they aren't too deep. If they are, I say to get a new mirror. (12/07/2007)

By Cathy from Townsville, QLD

Repairing Scratches on Mirrors

Yikes. I'd contact the scrubber manufacturer and tell them what happened. Maybe they can help you. There's also an eyeglass scratch remover that I've seen at Walgreen's and a dollar store. Might be worth a try. (12/09/2007)

By Jantoo

Repairing Scratches on Mirrors

Maybe you could try clear nail polish. (01/23/2008)

By Mary

Read to use white paste tooth paste or a jewelry chemical they use to get minor scratches off of gem stones! I'm giving it a try tomorrow!

Repairing Scratches on Mirrors
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors
🎄