Repairing Vinyl "Wood" Flooring

Does anyone know a way that I can repair a small area of my "wood" vinyl flooring. Recently I had some furniture moved around and, accidentally, the was a rather significant scratch put on the floor. Thank you!

Answers:

Repairing to Vinyl "Wood" Flooring

Not sure how this will work on vinyl, but I have covered a scratch by rubbing it with a walnut. Rub the scratch with the meat of the walnut (not the shell). (06/15/2004)

Wood Floor Scratches

What has worked well for me is to find a stain that matches the finish pretty well. Or find some touch up at the hardware store. I can't remember what it is called, but if you ask them they will probably have some ideas. I just apply the stain with a Q-tip or dab it in the scratch with a rag. Then wipe up the excess. I let it dry and do it again if it is still really noticeable. It limits the contrast between the floor and the scratch and you hardly notice it anymore. (06/16/2004)

By Anne H.