Repairing Water Damage on a Hardwood Floor

Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Floor

There may be ways to restore a solid wood floor, but some laminates may have to be replaced. This guide is about repairing water damage on a hard wood floor.

Here are questions related to Repairing Water Damage on a Hardwood Floor.

Question: Moisture Damage on a Hardwood Floor

Today I found a large black wet stain under a plant on my hardwood oak floor. I had placed a bowl under the plant, but the water must have gone over the top of the bowl and has sat there for a few days.

I have cleaned and dried the water mark with dry cloths and removed some of the stain with a weak solution of bleach. Some of the black mark came up, but some turned green. My question now is, should I let the stain dry and try sanding it down or try another bleach treatment?

By Maggiej2 from State College, PA

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By kathleen williams [76] 04/24/2009

To get it dry I suggest to use a thick cloth & the iron or a fan, then try to clean off the stain. You may have to sand it then varnish it, good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Dark Stain on Hardwood Floor

What can you do when a Swiffer Mop is left on your wooden floor and has left a dark stain? It hasn't been treated with a polyurethane coat since it was sanded down 7 or more years ago.

By Kathy

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Solutions: Repairing Water Damage on a Hardwood Floor

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!