Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Repairing a Cracked Mirror

Mirrors can be expensive or difficult to replace if they get cracked. This is a guide about repairing a cracked mirror.

January 7, 2011 Flag

How can I repair a cracked mirror?

By newsateleven

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You might want to call one of those places that fixes cracks in car windshields and see if they can handle the job.

I don't think there is anyway to repair a crack in glass short of replacing the glass. For another opinion you could contact a glass shop in your area.

January 7, 2011 Flag

I have a framed mirror that got a crack in it at the top. It has since run down the entire length of the mirror. Does anyone know how to repair it without replacing the entire mirror? I've considered using stickers to cover it up, but would love to be able to repair it instead. Thanks for any help!

Leah

Answers:

Repairing Cracked Mirror

I had a cracked mirror I decorated by gluing colored glass pieces over the crack to form a design. Or you could put something else on, like glass paint or "liquid solder" materials to form "leading" (08/18/2007)

By pamphyila

Repairing Cracked Mirror

What about calling those people who repair cracks in car windshields? They might have something. I know once they repair the windshield chip, no one can see that it was ever there. (08/21/2007)

By Noella

Repairing Cracked Mirror

My husband does glass and mirror work, and he says unless yo want to decorate it, you will have to throw it away. You cannot repair mirror, unlike a windshield, which uses laminated glass. A mirror is totally different. (10/08/2007)

By Gertrude

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair OtherJune 25, 2016
Mirror
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
shell mirrors
Making a Seashell Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Cracked Fingertips
Remedies for Cracked Fingertips
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 1:17:55 PM on 10.0.1.171 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.