Repairing a Cracked Mirror

Category Other
Mirrors can be expensive or difficult to replace if they get cracked. This is a guide about repairing a cracked mirror.

How can I repair a cracked mirror?

By newsateleven

Best Answer

You might want to call one of those places that fixes cracks in car windshields and see if they can handle the job.

I don't think there is anyway to repair a crack in glass short of replacing the glass. For another opinion you could contact a glass shop in your area.

I have a framed mirror that got a crack in it at the top. It has since run down the entire length of the mirror. Does anyone know how to repair it without replacing the entire mirror? I've considered using stickers to cover it up, but would love to be able to repair it instead. Thanks for any help!

Leah

Answers:

Repairing Cracked Mirror

I had a cracked mirror I decorated by gluing colored glass pieces over the crack to form a design. Or you could put something else on, like glass paint or "liquid solder" materials to form "leading" (08/18/2007)

By pamphyila

Repairing Cracked Mirror

What about calling those people who repair cracks in car windshields? They might have something. I know once they repair the windshield chip, no one can see that it was ever there. (08/21/2007)

By Noella

Repairing Cracked Mirror

My husband does glass and mirror work, and he says unless yo want to decorate it, you will have to throw it away. You cannot repair mirror, unlike a windshield, which uses laminated glass. A mirror is totally different. (10/08/2007)

By Gertrude