Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Repairing a Hoover Carpet Cleaner

If you are handy and have a bit of patience, you may be able to make the needed repairs to your carpet cleaner. This is a guide about repairing a Hoover carpet cleaner.

August 26, 2016 Flag

My Hoover carpet shampooer is not spraying water but dripping it. Does anyone know how to fix the water/cleaner sprayer?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When I first got this carpet cleaner it worked fine. The second time I used it, it stopped spraying water! Called Hoover. Brought it to a dealer for repair. However, Hoover sent me a new unit. I moved and did not use my unit until several months. The same problem occured with the replacement unit!!!! I gave up and have not had success in getting the defective unit replaced!!!

September 12, 2015 Flag

I have a Hoover f7412900 carpet cleaner and one day the brushes stopped working.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It sounds like the belt that turns the brushes may have snapped. You may need to replace it.

It sounds like the belt that moves the brushes may have snapped. You may need to replace it.

On one vacuum that I used to own, the belt would slide off. All one needed to do was open the bottom of it, and slide the belt back on. Perhaps this is all that is wrong with yours. If the belt is broken, you will find that out. If it is more than a slipped or broken belt, you likely should take it to a place that repairs this sort of machine.

I got a FH50130 hoover you have to pull the brushs out lower your handle and turn it on. If the shaft the brushs fits into is not turning the bearings are froze up. you have to open the gear box and spray some penetrating oil on them until the gears start turning after that put some grease on the gears and bearing.

July 31, 2016 Flag

When I turn on my Hoover Max Extract 60 shampooer, it starts dumping water out of the bottom of the vacuum, it dumps the whole clean water in about a minute. Can anyone help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My Hoover is leaking water as soon as I put it in cant see leak how do I fix this.

July 2, 2016 Flag

I have a Hoover Platinum Max Extract carpet cleaner. I cleaned out the hose nozel by blowing it out with air. When I filled the detergent canister and the water canister and put them back on, both containers started to leak. They completely leaked out. I cannot figure out what happened or how to fix this problem.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 10, 2015 Flag

No water comes out of my attachments and the water hose is not clogged. All the water goes into dirty water tank. I have a Hoover Extra 77.

By Leslie from Fort Dodge, IA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know what type of rug cleaner my sister had, but I helped her. The attachment end needed to be "primed." I think I just held my finger along the opening or something like that. It was a couple years ago, so I don't quite remember, but it was in the manual, or probably even on the internet.

November 16, 2014 Flag

My Hoover model number is F5915-905. I was using the cleaner, when the motor suddenly stopped. It won't start back up. I just bought it 5 months ago. Does this model have problems with overheating? I'm really not sure what the problem is.

By JoAnne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If it is only 5 months old, it is likely still on warranty. You should contact the company, by phone or email. You will likely have some sort of customer service info with your paperwork that came with your machine. Do not try to fix this yourself, as you may void the warranty if you start taking things apart yourself. See what the company will do for you first, before trying any home repairs.

September 16, 2012 Flag

I have a fairly new Hoover rug cleaning machine with two containers. One is for the solution and the other is where the dirty water flows back into. The directions are quite easy and state that both containers click into place. That said, I cleaned my rug in the living room and when I went to get rid of the dirty water, that's when I noticed there wasn't any. I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't help but wonder if my rug not only has the solution in it, but now the dirty water also? I would appreciate any help or suggestions you may have. Thank you in advance.

By GrandMa Chris

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have had this problem often with mine and every time I didn't have it clicked into place. Are you sure you have it on properly? It's really easy to NOT get it clicked into place. Mine is also a Hoover. If that doesn't solve you problem I'd call the manufacturer.

Assure that the lid to the recovery tank is on properly. If the lid is not seated properly, the tank is unable to form the vacuum needed to suction up the dirty water.

September 27, 2014 Flag

My shampooer is not spraying shampoo on to the carpet. I pull the trigger on the handle and nothing happens. How would you fix a problem like this?

By Harold

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair OtherJune 16, 2013
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Hoover Platinum Carpet Shampooer
Using a Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Shampooer
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 1:18:05 PM on 10.0.1.221 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.