Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor

Category Lawn Mowers
Lawn Mower Carburetor
A common cause of a lawn mower not starting lies with the carburetor. This is a guide about repairing a lawn mower carburetor.

Carburetor gas leaks are usually the result of a faulty fuel float or the needle and seat not working properly. This is a guide about troubleshooting and repairing lawn mower carburetor leaks gas.

A toro grass recycler mower.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

If your lawn mower carburetor is not getting gas the fuel line may be clogged. This is a guide about lawn mower carburetor not getting gas.

Lawn Mower

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

My lawn tractor has a Kohler engine. When it is shut off gas will flow into the carburetor and fill it up with gas. I can hear the click on the carburetor when I turn the key off and on. What is causing this problem? Thank you.

By Bruce from Marion,IN

First see if there is a fuel shutoff valve, if so then turn it off after you stop. If not then the cap is likely plugged and new gas cap may fix it, as with all gas engine the gas cap has a breather hole and it may be plugged causing the pressure to push the gas into the carburator. I would also replace the spark plug while yopur at it. I hope this helps, God bless you

Cut the gas line in the middle, and install a fuel shut off.

I have a carburetor for a Craftsman push mower. Gas is not going through the carburetor, the prime bulb seems not to be working. Is the carburetor clogged up?

Rickey from Gastiona, NC

Hi!

What's the make & model number, year of birth?

Carb cleaning is pretty easy, don't worry.

I have a 2003 (going by the ser #070303A001657) Sears 13.5 lawn tractor. I think it needs a kit put in the carb. It floods after a minute, or so, and fuel shoots out of the carb. Can someone tell me how to know which carb is on my B/S engine? I would like to have the kit before I take off the carb.

Thanks.

I have a Craftman 16.5 turbo cooled rider. When I start the engine gas shoots out of the carb filter area. What could cause that?

By Eve K