Repairing a Leather Couch

Your beautiful leather couch is starting to show its age, with worn spots, wrinkles, and more. Before you go buy a new one, consider repairing and rejuvenating it yourself. This is a guide about repairing a leather couch.

May 3, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about repairing scratches on leather furniture. Pets, children, and normal usage can result in scratches on your leather furniture.

Close up of nubuck leather with scratch marks

September 29, 2016 Flag

How can I fix this? It's cracked and wrinkly and I don't know what to do?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 6, 2013 Flag

My leather sofa looks so horrible. I hate it. It has two seat cushions and two back cushions (attached to the sofa) and the back cushions just sag into two big lumps when you sit down and the seat cushions are like a pile of wrinkles. When I sit down, the seat cushions slide out and drive me crazy. Should I just get a new sofa or can I fix this? Help!

By R.L.H

It sounds like this couch gave it's all for you and the others who used it. Time to get a new one. Thrift shops are a great place to look, so just keep that in mind.

PBP

When my Mom needed her sofa fixed. We fund a lady throwing an old (but clean) sofa away. We took the filling out of the seat and back of the couch. My Moms couch had zippers in the back of her cushions so it was easy to unzip, fill fluff and rezip. If your sofa doesn't have zippers you have to cut the cushion or back cushion open in a unconspicuous place. The opening has to be big enougn to get your arm inside to spread and evenly distribute the fiberfil. After the cushions are stuffed use button thread and a curved needle to sew the place,you cut open, closed.My Moms sofs looked like a brand new one wen I finished. I did overstuff somewhat because I knew the cushions would smoosh somewhat as we sat on them.

February 21, 2005 Flag

What do you do with a 10 year old, leather couch that is starting to look wrinkly and cracking? Is there any product we should be using on our couch? Leather conditioner?

Thanks!

There is a product you can get in the UK called RENAPUR. Its like an intensive moisuriser, that brings the colous back to the surface. Brilliant stuff. Haven't seen it around for a while but worth looking out for. good luck.

I restore and refinish leather in any colour you want

and as long as it is only the pigment and the finish that is cracking and the leather is of good quality

there is no reason why you cant have your sofa looking like new.There are no long term repair products on the market just quick fixes. If you would like to know more contact me at alanbuttons@aol.com I have a company that specialises in leather restoration and the results and effects that can be achieved are incredible. I refinished a leather suite recently in a mother of pearl effect.

HI,

http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Grison.htm this product here will re-instate the colour of your leather. Just pick the colour that best matches your leather

It really sounds like you just need a good leather cleaning and conditioning... Lexol or No Bull leather treatment may be all you need. You can find No Bull On ebay and lexol any horse and tack or auto parts store... Yes there are companies that may be in your area that can re color... However you might just need some service... Consider finding a leather cleaning company in your area... check out some links on this sight http://www.mobileleatherservice.com/

To find out about leather types such as "pigmented" verses aniline check out this link

http://www.mobileleatherservice.com/LeatherTypes.html

If your leather is aniline .... recoloring will change the feel....

There is a larger bottle version of this professional grade leather cleaner and treatment. Its been getting very good feedback from customers...

http://mobileleatherservice.com/NOBULL.html

November 28, 2011 Flag

I had Resolve spill on my leather couch and the color came off. Is there a product that can help me?

By Jill

You might try shoe polish. I had a brown leather couch that got some scratches and I put a coat of close-to-the-color shoe polish on them-looked good!

My husband and I just bought a really beat up leather chair and ottoman hoping we could rehab it.

We used dark brown shoe polish on it and it looks fabulous! There were even places that the surface of the leather was rough and light colored and it took the polish. We only paid $60.00 and it looks like we paid hundreds! Finished over polish with conditioner. So far so good!

March 19, 2009 Flag

How do you cover or fix faded spots on a leather sofa?

Donna from NJ

Have you tried shoe polish? I'd use the solid kind.

November 17, 2009 Flag

I have a taupe leather love seat. I am looking for a creme consistency dye/tint to blend worn areas and scratches. The furniture manufacturer is no help. Has anyone used shoe dye cream, or another product, for a similar problem?

By Susan from Albany, NY

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasAugust 13, 2013
Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄