Repairing a Leather Couch

Your beautiful leather couch is starting to show its age, with worn spots, wrinkles, and more. Before you go buy a new one, consider repairing and rejuvenating it yourself. This is a guide about repairing a leather couch.

Old leather Couch with missing button
Filter Sort

Question: Repairing An Old Leather Couch

By dudedwards 1

What do you do with a 10 year old, leather couch that is starting to look wrinkly and cracking? Is there any product we should be using on our couch? Leather conditioner?

Thanks!

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I had a tiger (real Bengal) try to sharpen claws on leather arm of couch so there are puncture marks all over sofa. Help me!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Fixing a Saggy Wrinkly Leather Sofa

My leather sofa looks so horrible. I hate it. It has two seat cushions and two back cushions (attached to the sofa) and the back cushions just sag into two big lumps when you sit down and the seat cushions are like a pile of wrinkles. When I sit down, the seat cushions slide out and drive me crazy. Should I just get a new sofa or can I fix this? Help!

By R.L.H

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By HAPPYINHARNED 14 193 Flag

When my Mom needed her sofa fixed. We fund a lady throwing an old (but clean) sofa away. We took the filling out of the seat and back of the couch. My Moms couch had zippers in the back of her cushions so it was easy to unzip, fill fluff and rezip. If your sofa doesn't have zippers you have to cut the cushion or back cushion open in a unconspicuous place. The opening has to be big enougn to get your arm inside to spread and evenly distribute the fiberfil. After the cushions are stuffed use button thread and a curved needle to sew the place,you cut open, closed.My Moms sofs looked like a brand new one wen I finished. I did overstuff somewhat because I knew the cushions would smoosh somewhat as we sat on them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Repairing a Spot on Leather Couch Where Cleaner Removed Dye

I had Resolve spill on my leather couch and the color came off. Is there a product that can help me?

By Jill

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By clp8496 1 Flag

My husband and I just bought a really beat up leather chair and ottoman hoping we could rehab it.

We used dark brown shoe polish on it and it looks fabulous! There were even places that the surface of the leather was rough and light colored and it took the polish. We only paid $60.00 and it looks like we paid hundreds! Finished over polish with conditioner. So far so good!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Scratches on Leather Furniture

By Diane 1

Does anyone have any idea how to repair dog scratches on leather furniture?

By Diane from Morrison, IL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Greg 1 Flag

My dog ruined my weekend when I came home Friday to find that she scratched the heck out of the bottom of the couch trying to get her tennis ball. After reading all the remedies here I decided to try Kiely's first since this person is a pro and i did not like the idea of using food products. So I used hot water and a clean dish rag and began wiping back and forth. I have soft Italian leather, and this process seemed to loosen oils and spread into the mass of scratches after about 60 seconds of wiping back and forth. This completely worked. I only wish I did this a couple days ago.

I often question the number of products on the market that claim that they designed specifically to clean this or that, when really they are just doing the same thing that water would do or another simple household product. For example I spend lots of money on different products to clean the grout in my tile shower. Nothing worked. Then we had a cleaning lady (a pro) come by and she just grabbed a $1 bottle of bleach and it practically cleaned itself.

Thanks Kiely for adding some practical advice to the conversation.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Faded Leather Couch

By Donna 1

How do you cover or fix faded spots on a leather sofa?

Donna from NJ

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Carol Swanson 36 226 Flag

Have you tried shoe polish? I'd use the solid kind.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Touching Up Worn Spots on a Leather Sofa

By Susan 3 1

I have a taupe leather love seat. I am looking for a creme consistency dye/tint to blend worn areas and scratches. The furniture manufacturer is no help. Has anyone used shoe dye cream, or another product, for a similar problem?

By Susan from Albany, NY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasAugust 13, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Fabric Couch
Repairing a Broken Arm on a Fabric Couch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:29:41 AM on 10.0.1.182 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings