Repairing a Microwave That Won't Heat

I have a Tappan TMV151FB microwave oven that sometimes won't heat up. Any ideas?

By Danny from Louisville

Answers:

Repairing a Microwave That Won't Heat

You need to discard this safety with the recycling part of your trash system. Don't mess around with opening things yourself. Microwave repair for consumers is in changing the lightbulb. Other than that, the megatron, etc. should be professionally repaired. The cost of fixing the microwave is more expensive than purchasing a new one. I replaced my $400 top of the line with a $70 one from Target, I found I was just as happy. I did not need the fancy stuff I had presumed I did. (06/25/2010)

By T&T Grandma

Repairing a Microwave That Won't Heat

OMGoodness. Buy another one. These days, you can buy a fancy one for under $100, or even a strong, reliable one for half that. If you try to repair that one, you will be dealing with outdated, worn parts and some parts that are specific to your model will be obsolete. I agree. Recycle responsibly and get another one. It'd be tragic to start a fire due to something so simple to replace. (06/27/2010)

By KLS8800

Repairing a Microwave That Won't Heat
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
🎄