Repairing a Seam on a Leather Couch

I just bought a leather couch from my friend and noticed that the seam behind the middle cushion is ripped. I can actually see the wood when I pull it apart. How can I fix this on my own so it doesn't continue to rip?

Katie from Washington, DC

Answers:

Repairing a Seam on a Leather Couch

Leather items can often be easily re-sewn by using heavy duty button-hold thread and using the original holes. (11/02/2007)W

Repairing a Seam on a Leather Couch

walmart sell curved needles (a U-shaped needle) that would be easy to use because you can better reach in with it come back out with no difficulty. Buy you some (upholstery thread there too) its on the thread section it comes in many colors and tells on the top that its upholstery thread. The eye of the curved needle it big so you can use this type strong thread in it and just whip stitch close stitches together until you get to the end and go back the other way whip stitching again then knot tie off your thread and cut the thread there. it will hold well. (11/02/2007)

By theseamstress

Repairing a Seam on a Leather Couch
Edge of a brown leather couch
Repairing a Leather Seam
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Old leather Couch with missing button
Repairing a Leather Couch
🎄