Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7

I have a Magic Steam Press 7. It needs to be repaired as it went out on me two weeks ago. The only person that repairs these I found out passed away and no one else repairs them here. My husband repairs things really well if he has some kind of a repair manual to go by. It is a Singer Steam Press. Please somebody tell me how we can get a hold of a repair manual and a place to order parts so my husband can repair it. I have been lost without it. It is only 3 years old and I love it. I would truly be indebted to you. Help and God Bless.

Angelheart from Clyde, TX

Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7

You did not mention what problems you are having with your steam press. If it is completly dead, no lights or anything working, you most likely have a blown TCO (thermal cut off). This is a safety device that blows when the temperature gets too hot. To check it you will need an ohmmeter to check it for continuity, or you can jump it out for testing purpose only. Do not leave it jumped out. The TCO is located under the plastic cover at the top of the base of the thermostat. It is covered with a piece of plastic tubing and kept in place with a metal clip attached to the thermostat. To remove the plastic cover remove the two screws under the arm of the press, the cap to the water bottle, and the knob for the mist adjustment, and the cover should come off.

After the cover is off, remove the small piece of cardboard next to the thermostat. Locate the clip at the top of the thermostat and pull out the TCO. TCOs come in different temperatures. This one is rated at 116C. You can purchase one from Singer Sewing Center in Chandler, Arizona. Phone number is (480)220-7092, or you may be able to get one from your local electronic parts store. Keep in mind that a blown TCO is usually caused by a thermostat not working properly, so if it continues to blow, you will also have to replace the thermostat. If replacing the thermostat be careful not to break the stem holding the thermostat, it could be rather brittle from the heat. Hope this solves the problem, and good luck. (01/06/2007)

By Kenkan

Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7

Do you need the service and parts manual? Click on the following link:

Here you'll find electrical diagrams and disassembly instructions along with part numbers.

Good luck

By Rafael L.

Singer Magic Steam Press
Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7
Fabric Steam Press
Repairing a Fabric Steam Press
star shaped magic wand
Magic Wand Crafts
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning With Mr. Clean Magic Erasers