Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7

My Singer Magic Steam Press 7, has quit working. I checked all the elements and they're good. All of the wiring is correct and looks good. Power is getting to the switch, but the red lite does not come on. The circuit board looks good and is wired correctly, but there is no heat. I can't find a fuse or breaker. I have two and they both do the same thing. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

By Dean M. from Fontana, CA

Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7

I bought a Rowenta iron years ago and it had a 1 year warranty and it failed the day before it was up, so I got a new one. Second one failed a few days after that warranty was up so I had no recourse. I decided I had nothing to lose by taking off the cord and getting a new one and darned if it didn't work. The cord looked fine, but apparently wasn't.

So I'd try a new cord. (10/06/2009)

Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7

The fuse is located between the red wire there continuity with voltmeter. (07/04/2010)

By luisfer

Singer Magic Steam Press
Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7
Fabric Steam Press
Repairing a Fabric Steam Press
star shaped magic wand
Magic Wand Crafts
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning With Mr. Clean Magic Erasers