Repelling Gnats Outside

Does anyone have an idea to make me less attractive to biting gnats/noseeums? I spend a lot of free time outdoors gardening and playing with my canine babies. These gnats are brutal. They get you before you know they are around. Living here, mosquitoes have always been a problem, but I believe the gnats might actually be worse. Help!

By Amy

Ty Avon Skin So Soft. It has a good rep as an insect repellent

"Deet" 100% is supposed to be the best (but only for Adults). It can be bought at camping supply stores, or the likes of Dunham's. The little bugger's love to go to the top of your body, that of coarse being your head. But they don't seem to notice it's actually your head, just going to the top of the body. We used to raise our hand in the air when encountering a large group of them. And they always circle around the hand. This results in a sore arm after awhile, but helps for the short term.

Again 100% Deet can be bought in a small, 2 to 4oz container. You'll also notice that it's the main ingredient for sprays like "OFF".

I used vanillia and had great results . the bugs fliew around but did not land on me.

Thanks so much.

I can tell you what does not work, that's dryer sheets and off.

Fly on Blade of Grass
Keeping Bugs Away When Sitting Outdoors
Home and Garden Pest Control GnatsJune 21, 2011
Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
Raking Mulch
Best Mulch for Repelling Bugs
Insect Repellant
Repelling Gnats Outside
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail