Repelling Mosquitos with Geraniums

Category Mosquitoes
Geraniums with pink and white flowers
Certain plants work well to repel various types of insects, both the ones that attack your garden plants and those that like to nibble on you. This is a guide about repelling mosquitos with geraniums.

I have a severe mosquito problem at my home. Only outside, thankfully, but that's where I like to spend all of my time. I don't have any standing water that I'm aware of but my lot is surrounded by pine trees. What can I do to get rid of them? I am getting anywhere from 3 to 50 bites (yes, that many) every time I walk outside for more than 5 minutes. I'm miserable. Please help!

Maggie from VA

Best Answer

Rub a little vinegar on your exposed skin. It repels "skeeters" quite well.

If you have a problem with mosquitoes like many of us do in the summer, use potted geraniums to decorate your deck, porch, or outside sitting area this will keep them at bay.

Answers:

Mosquito Problems, Decorate with Geraniums

The Erie Canal used to be approx. 40 ft. from my back door, before I moved south. The best thing I found to keep mosquitoes at bay was to plant marigolds around the yard. We never had a mosquito problem after that, and I still plant marigolds here in the south. Works great, because bugs don't like the smell! (07/20/2004)

By Jackie Smith