Replacing a Strand of Lights on Pre-lit Tree

My dog chewed the wire on the bottom strand of lights on our prelit tree. Can we unplug this strand from the one it's connected to and replace it with a new strand?

Answers

Best Answer

Yes you can. My dog didn't eat the lights but the middle section of our prelit tree did not light this year. I bought a matching color bulbs string of lights at the drug store. I unplugged the broken lights at both ends and put the new string in its place. I left the old broken string on the tree. I was afraid I would ruin the tree if I tried to cut it off. When the tree is lit, you don't see the old string.

These trees are dangerous we bought one just before christmas.. Christmas day all the lights on the tree died..Im not surprised to see a message ""my tree burst into flames"

Its going back.

Artificial Christmas Tree
Pre-lit Christmas Tree Lights Not Working
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeDecember 6, 2015
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Classic Christmas Tree
Putting Lights on a Christmas Tree
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 8:14:00 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.