Replacing a Watch Battery

I purchased a Sharp men's bracelet watch on clearance for $7. The original price was $15, but it doesn't run. I am thinking that it needs a new battery. Where can I purchase a not too expensive battery for it? Is it better to have a repair shop do it? What is more economical? Or should I just return it and get my money back? It was probably not worth it, but I didn't know it didn't work. Thanks.

By rose2781 from Orlando, FL

Answers:

Replacing a Watch Battery

It was probably on clearance because of the battery. Walmart has batteries for watches and usually can replace them for you as well. Try them and see how much a battery is, and if it's too much, return the watch. On the other hand, $15 for a watch in the first place is not a big price. If you're looking for a good watch, prepare to pay at least $35 and if you want it fancy the price will go up with each feature. (09/15/2009)

By quiltmum

Replacing a Watch Battery

I just purchased a battery from Walmart for $4. And they will install the battery free, at the time of purchase. (09/18/2009)

By skf620

Replacing a Watch Battery

I went to the dollar tree in my area and purchased a package of 10 batteries for just $1.00. I was lucky because they sell several different sizes. I went home and slowly and carefully removed the back of the Sharp men's watch with a very thin instrument. I lifted the back a little at a time until it popped opened. I then removed the old battery carefully and put in the new one slowly as not to disturb anything around it. I then placed the back on and slowly pushed around it until it popped into place.

I was so excited when I saw the watch working. I bought two watches on clearance and changed the batteries with a dollar and have eight batteries left. Once again, thank you guys for all your help! (09/18/2009)

By rose2781

Replacing a Watch Battery

Firnberg's vice grip trick worked for me. Just needed one pair of pliers and a vice grip. Maybe because the watch was a smaller woman's watch. :-) (10/13/2010)

By Quasimodo1

Replacing a Watch Battery
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🎄
🍂