Repurposing Pillow Shams

If you don't use shams on your bed, there are lots of ways to get some use out of these fabric bags. This is a guide about repurposing pillow shams.

Pillow Shams
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 25, 2012 Flag

We don't use pillow shams and I bought 2 king size summer quilts that came with 2 free shams each. Any ideas on what they can be turned into?

By Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

They can be used to make throw pillows, cut into strips for making a rag rug, used to cover hangers or to make sachets, used to make a window valance, to cover a box for storage, or a million of other things.

Depending on how the shams secure, I had an overlapping sham back. I cut this sham in half, hemmed the edges, and used these to cover the back of folding chairs. I used a complementary chair cushion and I always got a lot of positive comments to these plain folding chairs.

ok384, they have overlapping backs so your idea would work for me.

Thanks to all for the great tips!

Oops, I see it should be ck384 (not ok384). Sorry!

Read More Answers...

September 30, 2008 Flag

PIllow Shams on SofaUse pretty pillow sham covers as pillows on your sofa or as throw cushions! I see these all the time at Goodwill for a buck or two, and I decided to make use of them. My kids like to use them as floor pillows, as well. Plus if your sofa is kind of tired looking you can add a couple and give it a whole new look.

By Carol from Landisville, PA

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 30, 2012 Flag

Newly recovered throw pillows.I had two pillows that were used a lot! I had washed them several times and finally the covering just almost disintegrated. The inside pillow was still good so I decided to recover them (since new pillows are $15.00 and up when you buy them). I found some pillow shams that I never used in my closet. I cut them to fit the pillow stuffing, sewed up the sides, stuffed the pillows in and sewed up the remaining side. I now have two brand new pillows. Cost was nothing to me.

By Rita from University Place, WA

February 25, 2009 Flag

Whenever I buy sets of bedding many times there are two pillow shams that go with the bedding and I never use them. The last time I got some, instead of just packing them away, I went through my linen closet and pulled out any small items that I could fold and put inside of the shams. Anything that I did not use on a regular basis, but wanted to keep.

I now had two pillow shams filled with many of my seldom used items and then put these filled shams on top of the bed in our quest bedroom. This way I used the shams and did not need to buy additional pillows for them, and also freed up some storage room in my very small linen closet.

By Susan from Mulberry, FL

February 23, 2005 Flag

I have a number of pillow shams (some with zipper and some without) that are new or "almost new". Does anyone have any ideas on how I could use these shams other than putting them on my bed? Many of them don't match any longer.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Anjeena

I use them to re-cover the chair in my bedroom. I have a matching set to the bed.

Why not just use them for floor pillows in the bedroom or family room. You can always try scanning the family photos and iron on, or collage of friend and family photos. Maybe some special stitching or scrapbook-like media and pass them on for gifts.

By delanese

If color/size right a valance or small curtain.

I cut up special fabrics of some of the prettiest ones to make laprobes to give away, I'm always on-the-prowl for cheap fancy fabrics for my small blankets, and some have nice cording around them to use for my other crafts.

Read More Answers...
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 29, 2013
Neckties Tied to a Wooden Dowel
Making a Pillow Case Using Neck Ties
carseat pillow
Making a Child's Handle Pillow
dark pink zinnia pillow
Making a Zinnia Throw Pillow
Pillow Made from Fabric Scraps
Making a Pillow With Fabric Scraps
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 12:49:53 AM on 10.0.1.152 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.