Restore a Permanent Ink Marker

Is there any way to rejuvenate dried out permanent markers?

By Nancy from Longview, TX

Answers:

Restore a Permanent Ink Marker

To restore permanent marker you can remove the plastic cap. Then dip the felt tip of the marker in a cup or mug with a small amount of rubbing alcohol in it. Let it sit and soak up the alcohol for 10-20 minutes. This has worked quite well for me with all types of markers. (08/20/2010)

By Rosiegirll

Restore a Permanent Ink Marker

Years ago, at school, we purchased ink in bottles to refill them, and that worked all right. However, I wouldn't bother. I don't think they are worth the effort. Throw them out and buy new ones. I suppose if you think the marker is full of good ink, but just the tip is dried out, you could give the alcohol thing a try. Couldn't hurt. (08/20/2010)

By louel53

Restore a Permanent Ink Marker
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄