Restoring Bleached Clothing

I ruined two new pairs of pants in two days, both with bleach. The first one I got splatters from the bleach pen on my pink pants and then the next day I was cleaning my kitchen floor and squirted my Clorox floor cleaner and apparently got it all over the one pant leg. I would love to fix these pants, but I don't want to make it worse. I didn't know if dying the pants with the color would help or what I could do. If anyone knows I would love the answer and or suggestion.

Thanks,
Carolyn from LI, New York

Answers:

Restoring Bleached Clothing

I also used to ruin clothing by washing a load of dark clothes after I had done a washer-load of whites that I had bleached. I pour the bleach into the bleach dispenser on the washer and finally figured out that I had to pour water through the bleach dispenser immediately after pouring the bleach through, because if I didn't, I would invariably ruin something with the leftover bleach that was still in the dispenser. So I keep a pint jar handy and fill it with water and pour it into the dispenser after I pour in the bleach. No more ruined clothes! (06/02/2006)

By Mary Beth

Restoring Bleached Clothing

You can buy a fabric color stripper and then choose a dye to use after they have dried, I would use a color remover first if I wanted the best result possible. (06/02/2006)

By Barbie

Restoring Bleached Clothing

Are the spots in a place where you could have someone applique something over it? And then make a shirt or a piece of jewelry to match?