Restoring Shine to Linoleum and Vinyl Flooring

How do I bring back the shine to a linoleum floor that has faded, because of dirt and grime? How about a vinyl floor? I have cleaned with with different cleaners to no avail.

By Mitch from Corona, CA

Answers:

If you can find a brand of floor product called, "Brite", it does a beautiful job of cleaning and shining linoleum floors. I have used it for years. All you do is sweep the floor really well and apply "Brite" with a sponge mop, rinsing often as it picks up the dirt. I do mine on my hands and knees with absolutely beautiful results. (11/16/2009)

By irisbird

Have you tried stripping it? Hands and knees with a scrub brush and ammonia, hot water, maybe a squirt of soap, and work on one area until it is totally clean. You may have to rinse. Then put a wax finish on and it should be good to go. (11/18/2009)

By mulberry204

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. That is what I use and then I use a floor cleaner for shining. (11/18/2009)

By boxergirl76

There is a Mr. Clean sponge mop with Magic Eraser now. It's great. (02/11/2010)

By iBroke

Kitchen With Vinyl Flooring
Restoring Shine to Vinyl Flooring
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
A can of blue paint.
Painting Vinyl (or Linoleum) Flooring
Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
🎉
🎄