Reupholstering Dining Room Chairs

How do I reupholster my dining room chairs?

By DEEHONI from MD

Answers:

Reupholstering Dining Room Chairs

Could you describe them a little more?

If it's just the seat, remove it, and either remove the cloth by prying out staples underneath, or if it's thick just put new fabric over it, wrap around to underside and staple that.

Obviously you cut your replacement material several inches wider than your chair top, 'all the way around".

The best way is just take one chair seat apart and look how it was done, and copy it. The old fabric can make pattern for new fabric if you take it off. (08/15/2009)

By PIKKA

Reupholstering Dining Room Chairs

I just finished doing my dining room chairs. My chairs are quite old so I had to replace the jute webbing on the bottom as well as the padding. I found a place in Philly to purchase new high density foam for the seats, covered that with batting and then the fabric on top. You can either use tacks or a staple gun. It takes a little practice to pull the fabric snug, but you'll get the hang of it. The corners are the trickiest part. Good luck, I hope they turn out nice. (08/15/2009)

By RealtorRose

Dining Chairs
Reupholstering Dining Chairs
Dining Chair
Repairing Dining Chair Seats
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
Dining Room Table
Protecting Your Dining Room Table
🎉
🎄