Reupholstering a Couch

I would like to request the article step by step to reupholstering a couch.

Shantrice from Houston, TX

Reupholstering a Couch

There are so many steps to recovering a couch that your best bet is to go to your library and find a book on reupholstering furniture. It will give you detailed instructions. (12/31/2005)

By sewingmamma

Reupholstering a Couch

I am about to recover a couch. I have stripped the arms and back, so that I could get a good look inside to see how the seat and back are done. I am really scared to start cutting cause the only pattern I have is what I have taken off. My material has a stripe in it and I don't know whether I should do the seat cushions first and match the rest or the other way round. (01/06/2006)

By Carol

Reupholstering a Couch

It's not too difficult, but time consuming.

Step 1 - Take off all the old pieces - start with the skirt/bottom then the back, the arms, the front then the deck. KEEP and MARK all the pieces so you know what goes where. These are used as your patterns.

TIP: Do not cut out everything at once since you need to match patterns oftentimes. Put it back together by working backwards from how you took it off - deck first then arms then back (the part that you rest your back/head against) then the back of the chair and finally the skirt/bottom. To make it look really nice make sure to sew up lots of cording (clothelines rope with fabric covering it) you staple the cording over the piece after you've attached it to the chair. (05/30/2006)

By JoAnn

Reupholstered Couch
Reupholstering a Couch
Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
Sagging Couch
Fixing a Sagging Couch
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs