Reupholstering a Couch

Please. I am looking for anything and everything on reupholstering a couch/sofa/lounge. Thank you so much. I am at my wits end.

By Kathleen from Hampton, Melbourne

Answers:

Reupholstering a Couch

I took a course in reupholstery a few years ago. The instructor had each of us very carefully take all the material off the couch or chair and lay it out, as a pattern, covering, foam, tack strips, everything. We took pictures of each disassemble step. We traced each pattern piece onto large rolls of brown paper, and took these patterns to our local fabric store. The staff was really helpful in helping us choose the correct material, and figuring out how much we needed. You need good sharp scissors, a nail gun, a tack hammer, upholstery nails, furniture tacks, tack strips, and whatever else the fabric store people tell you to get. It's hard work, but follow your pictures, in reverse, and it will look good. It takes patience. Have fun. (10/20/2009)

By catastrofy

Reupholstering a Couch

I'm getting ready to re-do a chair this winter. I found lots of info by Googling reupholstering. I also checked out my local library. Even found video tapes of the process. Maybe some of this will help. Good luck. (10/23/2009)

By 2oma

Reupholstering a Couch

Go to your public library and ask for a book on re-upholstering (just saw you're in OZ, you probably have the equivalent of our public libraries). If not, try a re-cycle organization. They should be able to point to a source. Good luck. (11/03/2009)

By tennesue

Reupholstered Couch
Reupholstering a Couch
Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
Sagging Couch
Fixing a Sagging Couch
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
🎉
🎄