Reuse Christmas Cards as Gift Tags

At the end of the holiday season, I pack away all the holiday cards received that year to use as a Christmas card list guide for the next year and also to reminisce. When I unpack my decorations the next year, I re-read the cards, cutting them at the creases and disassembling them for crafty gift tags for this year's gifts!

Cut out a picture from the holiday card and use a hole punch to thread ribbon through. Then write "To:" and "From" on the back of the gift tag and attach to your package! No more scrounging for sticker tags or pricier cardstock/decorative tags. Not only am I recycling the paper, I'm also saving $ and enjoying last year's Christmas cards all over again. To be even greener, be sure to recycle the scraps of cards that you don't use for the gift tags.

By Kelli from Tulsa, OK

Answers:

Reuse Christmas Cards as Gift Tags

Good idea :-) As long as nothing is written on the back of the front side they can be cut in half and used as post cards and then use the back side of the other portion as scratch paper :-) (12/13/2009)

By Deeli

Brown Paper Gift Tag
Making Your Own Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
Christmas Tree Gift Tags From Paint Swatches
Making Christmas Tree Gift Tags From Paint Swatches
🎉
🎄