Reuse Christmas Cards as Gift Tags

Save your Christmas and Greeting Cards. You can reuse the fronts of the cards by cutting unique gift tag size cards. You can use pinking shears or fancy edging scissors for variety and you should be able to get several tags from the card fronts. Punch a hole in the top of the tag and thread a colorful string through - crochet cotton is good. Package them up in small cellophane bags (24 to a bag) and tie a ribbon around the top of the bag to close. Give these to friends for a little gift or use them on your next year's Christmas or special occasion gifts.

This is a great recycling project for school children after Christmas each year. When word gets out your friends will be giving you their cards for recycling.

Source: I made these with my mother when growing up and I made them with my daughters, so the tradition goes on!

By linn.2009 from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Reuse Christmas Cards as Gift Tags

Answers:

Reuse Christmas Cards as Gift Tags

This idea is brilliant! (07/07/2010)

By PainterLee

Brown Paper Gift Tag
Making Your Own Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
Christmas Tree Gift Tags From Paint Swatches
Making Christmas Tree Gift Tags From Paint Swatches
🎉
🎄