ReusingGreen Living

Reuse Dish Soap Bottle Cap

Vote for this contest contender!

It's been a few years since I was in the top 3 (almost, LOL) with my cap idea. Use a dish soap top on 2 liter pop bottles. Really with any kind of bottles. I've been using it for many different things. Sometimes there aren't enough threads to make it work. Also, it's best to use firmer plastic bottles.

I've used them for making salad dressing in the smaller 8 oz. bottles. I live alone and I think this works great. I also use them for my dog's mouthwash and my plants that need different foods or care. I keep different sized bottles filled up outside in summer for plants that need different drinks. I also keep one close to my grill.

I live in an apartment complex and everybody has started using this tip for different things. One lady has arthritis really bad. She buys laundry soap and shampoo in big bottles. Her son helps her pour it in 12 oz. water bottles and label it. Now it's not too heavy for her and he marked how much to squeeze out. I'm going to use that idea, for sure.

If you think of a new idea, please share! I'm sure there are many.

I tried it on a 16 oz water bottle, didn't fit. But good idea for other bottles.