Reuse Mylar Balloons as Gift Wrapping

Whenever you receive those Mylar balloons for birthdays ,showers, etc, save them! Cut the "tail" off and carefully peel both sides apart at the seam. Then you will have 2 pieces of very pretty wrapping paper. They come in all shapes: circles, hearts, characters, etc. and are event appropriate: birthday, Valentine, shower, favorite characters, the list goes on.

They are great for those hard to wrap items. Just place gift in the middle and gather wrap over the top then use decorative ribbon the balloon came with to secure it; no tape needed! You can also wrap and tape an easy to wrap gift as well.

I found this tip out quite by accident when I forgot to buy wrapping paper for a gift and didn't realize until the last minute. Someone in our family had balloons left over from their birthday, and the sagging balloons caught my eye.

The gift recipient thought the wrapping was beautiful. You can get these balloons empty or filled at the dollar store. You can't go wrong with this one! God Bless!

By Crazy Amy from Rochester, NY

Reuse Mylar Balloons As Gift Wrapping

This is a great idea! I love shiny wrapping paper, so it's a double win for me! (02/19/2010)

By WildIrish

Photo of three star shaped mylar balloons.
Reusing Mylar Balloons
Multi Colored Balloons
Saving Money on Balloons
A woman wrapping Christmas gifts.
Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips
Gift Wrapped Bottle
Gift Wrapping Bottles
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas