Reuse Your Dehumidifier's Water

The humidity will be rising soon and we all should be getting out our dehumidifiers. Here's a great way to save water. We have a birdbath in our back yard. When the dehumidifier is running, I take all the water that has collected in the dehum and I use it to keep the birdbath full and use it to water plants. All that water is is distilled water so it's cleaner than what comes out of the faucet. I save money by not using tap water to water my plants and fill my birdbath. The plants are happy as well as the birds! I am also saving water out of my faucet that can be used for other things like drinking so I conserve my water.

By Debradj from Illinois

Answers:

Reuse Your Dehumidifier's Water

That is a great idea. Another is to purchase Phosphorous free dishwashing soap, and get a tub to keep the water in your sink when doing dishes. You can use this water, sometimes with bits of organic food in it, to keep the plants healthy in your garden. They don't work so well for indoor, since most food will mold if left inside where it can't drain.

This also keeps your disposal, if you have one, cleaner. If you don't, you cut down on any clogs you might experience from too much food down your drains. Happy Gardening!! (06/06/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Reuse Your Dehumidifier's Water

Water from the dehumidifier is full of all kinds of stuff from the air. It also gets slimy and moldy. Think about it. (06/09/2008)

By Mary

Reuse Your Dehumidifier's Water

PLEASE don't give that 'water' to the birds.

Would you drink it? No. Then don't give it to another living being please. Use it for your lawn or something instead. (07/24/2008)

By Guest2223222

Reuse Your Dehumidifier's Water
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Portable Dehumidifier
Using Dehumidifiers
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
🎉
🎄