Reusing Containers for Other Uses

You can recycle small plastic containers for other uses. I just found out that the little plastic ball that my pantyhose sox came in is just the right size for keeping my temporary dental device when out of my mouth! I also recycle small orthodentic wax containers - which with labels make good little containers for pills while traveling. Of course, our mothers always kept pins, needles, etc in old metal sucrets boxes. Altoids still uses them - and some other European candies.

By Pam from Los Angeles

Answers:

Reusing Containers for Other Uses

We use leftover cottage cheese, butter containers, etc. for leftovers to send home with kids. They know if they bring them back, Mom will refill them. (09/13/2006)

By SARA

RE: Reusing Containers for Other Uses

Reusing Containers for Other Uses

I recycle all sorts of empty containers, plastic or glass. Makes good sense to get more uses from them! (09/13/2006)

By Debbie52

Reusing Containers for Other Uses

An ice-cream container (large plastic round one) can be used for a playhouse. Even with the lid on. Upside down. Spray paint and draw flowers on the outside. Cut holes for windows, doors, make the furniture out of other used containers, and a washcloth is a great "carpet". Can be taken on trips, and on the go as the container holds everything for long entertainment. This idea can also be used for a make believe barn for the farm animals. (06/18/2008)

By JAN