Reusing Detergent Boxes

I needed a file box for my tea information, recipes, etc. I took a Tide Detergent (family size) box with the handle on it. I painted it black and put red accents on it. I threaded a pretty ribbon through the holes in the handle with "streamer ribbons" on each side of the handle. Wallpaper or contact paper could be used. The box will hold file folders which are the regular size (8 1/2 x 11).

This file box could be used to organize:

• Recipes
  • Holiday ideas
  • Bill paying organization
  • Children's books
  • Sunday School lessons
  • Craft ideas
  • Greeting Cards and stationary/envelopes
  • Memory Box with files to hold pictures, writings, etc. from loved ones
  • Baby Memory Box

There are endless ideas that this box could be used for.

This decorated Tide detergent box looks nice sitting on the floor next to my desk.

By WanJoy from Collierville

Reusing Detergent Boxes 05/24/2006
Great idea. Thanks

By anna (Guest Post)
Reusing Detergent Boxes 05/24/2006
I read this somewhere about a year ago. These are so sturdy and look so nice. You can paint them, use wallpaper or wrapping paper on them, ribbons, stickers, etc. I have 4 of them in my house for different things all decorated differently. My husband has used them for his fishing reels in the garage. The uses for them are unlimited. Each of my granddaughters have them for crayons and pencils and small toys, and the list goes on.
By Kathy (Guest Post)
Reusing Detergent Boxes 05/24/2006
I decoupaged mine with old calendar pictures. Wonderful for saving last years paid bills from the overfull filebox, and old greeting cards which can be used for hobbies.
By siris (Guest Post)
Reusing Detergent Boxes 05/24/2006
I had the same idea except I glued a piece of flowered material on my box. I save special letters and photos in the boxes and they can used for just about anything.
By Donita
Reusing Detergent Boxes 05/25/2006
One of the teacher at the grade school my kids go to, uses cereal boxes for the same idea, but she uses them for the kids reading book, and papers.
By dsbaby14
Reusing Detergent Boxes 05/25/2006
Yes, I agree, a pic would be nice. I know this is retro, but what about shellac (spelling?) would that work. Children's photos, or photos of vacations... you know, what about photos (duplicates) pasted on the outside, and papers, report cards, pictures, and those other special things kids make. Have one box for each child. Or perhaps for a bride, do the box in delicate bridal motif and maybe some lingerie inside. If she is a bit more shy about receiving such personal items, maybe her brides maids, maid of honor and matron of honour can sign a homemade 'I wish for you...' book. It can be like a journal, or a small book with blank pages, have each person sign what they wish for them. Have the wishes be funny, serious or whatever, but something the bride can look back on
By (Guest Post)
Reusing Detergent Boxes 06/07/2006
I made one with spray glue and wrapping paper. Then, I covered it with clear contact paper. They are great for teachers to make small activities for children when they get thier work done early. I LOVE the smell!
By scruggle

A detergent box that has been converted into a file box.
Make a File Box from a Detergent Box
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
A box of laundry detergent
Reusing Laundry Detergent Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops