Reusing Gift Bags

A friend of mine gave me an idea recently. I have to admit, I'm not sure why I have never thought of it before then. It was her birthday and I took her a gift. When she had taken the gift out of the gift bag, she handed it back to me and told me to keep the bag and reuse it. What a great idea! You can keep any gift bags in which you receive gifts as well.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Reusing Gift Bags

I always do this. With wrapping paper, there's so much waste. (12/19/2005)

By teddygirl

Reusing Gift Bags

(I thought I had posted here.)

On the HGTV site, there is instruction about how to make a gift bag out of an envelope. I tried this and it is easy and very attractive.

With this or used bags, I often add embellishments, and ribbon or string handles. (12/21/2005)

By the Oracle

Reusing Gift Bags

When I use a gift bag, I put tissue paper over the top of the present and fold a corner over the side of the bag. I put a to and from tag on the corner. This way you can see the tag, and the person can reuse the bag without having somone else's name on it. (01/01/2006)

By jessiworm

Reusing Gift Bags

I always recycle any nice gift bag I receive. They can be used over and over. I was in a birthday club for many years and we all did this and it was sort of a standing joke because we'd see these same bags go round and round to ea other! (01/11/2006)

By Debbie52

Reusing Gift Bags

For next year, I have MD gift bags from left over cloth material. I hope it goes over well. (quote)(/quote) (01/14/2006)

By mildred