Reusing Old Sheets

Sheets are great, both new and used.

1. When purchasing new sheets, buy sheets individually and buy an extra sheet and make your own pillow cases, cheaper and you can get extras.

2. Old yardsale/flea market sheets make nice quilt backing.
Especially useful if you happen to find old quilts that were never assembled and you want an aged look to complement the front and back of the quilt.

3. Make coordinating window curtains from sheets. Great for master bedroom and adjoing master bath. Inexpensive decorator look!

4. Kitchen curtains. Coordinating cushions and table cloths.

Use your imagination. - Ms. Syd Barr - Dunkirk, MD

Uses for Old Sheets

These are great ideas. Old flannel sheets can be used to make children's nightwear. You just cut the worn part out of the centre and use the good bits left. If the strips are too narrow for PJs, make pillow cases. Or even dusters!

There is no need to toss old sheets that are too thin in the middle, lol. (If only I could get thin in the middle!)

By Anne

Making Dish Towels From Old Sheets

I make dish towels out of my old sheets. My children may use these to wipe their hands or whatever--they do it whether or not I give permission. These get stained but I don't mind. I keep my good ones for me to use.

By Jill

Uses for Old Sheets

I've made shower curtains from antique sheets found at yard sales. The are easier to wash and more appealing to me than plastic. (01/30/2005)

By Genevieve

Old Sheets and Blankets

Donate old sheets and blankets to the humane society.

By joni514

I have a small square tablecloth edged with a sewed on cotton lace border. It's one of my favorites because I remember sleeping on that small flowered bed sheet when I was a kid. Mom didn't throw out anything that had life left in it and she was quite the genius at coming up with second use ideas for everything. My nightgowns were once upon a time bed sheets, cotton for summer and flannel for winter. I haven't thought of these in years and it's fun to remember that the nightgowns Mom made always had a pocket in which to tuck a tissue.

those are good ideas, but you can also use sheets to make beautiful shower curtains as well as window curtains if you have one.

Pajamas bottoms are so easy to make from sheets. Just use a tee shirt for a top.

Stack of folded old bed sheets
Uses for Old Sheets
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
A stack of folded sheets.
Folding Fitted Sheets
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Reusing Dryer Sheets, Cute snowmen made out of reused dryer sheets.
Reusing Dryer Sheets