Reviews of Electric Fireplaces

I am thinking I would like a fireplace in my bedroom and do not want a real wood burning one, nor is it feasible. Do any of you have a gel burning or electric fireplace in your home and what are your thoughts? Do the gel ones put out any heat? If you have an electric one, do you have a fan heater with it? How economical are either of these? Would you buy one again, or think it is a waste of money?

Thanks for your opinions!

PrairieLady from SD

Answers:

Reviews of Electric Fireplaces

Have you considered a gas fireplace. We have one in our familyroom and it is great! They also are putting fireplaces in RVs now, they run off propane. (02/21/2006)

By Campnluray

Reviews of Electric Fireplaces

I have been checking into a gel fireplace for a while now. Gas fireplaces are great if the lines have already been run. I want something a little more simple but electric fireplaces look really fake, not sure on efficiency. I've heard gel fireplaces look great just not sure on the amount of heat they give off. Also checking into homemade recipes for the fuel as it is somewhat expensive. (11/26/2007)

By Bill

Reviews of Electric Fireplaces

We looked at everything available in the Denver area and finally decided on a Dimplex electric stove. The Dimplex electric stoves and fireplaces are by far the most realistic ones we've seen. Plus, many people have commented about how real it looks. Now, every one that sees it wants one. Great electric stove. (09/28/2008)

By John

Reviews of Electric Fireplaces
closeup of electric toothbrush
Using an Electric Toothbrush
Electric Stove Burner
Electric Stove Burners Not Working
Eggs cooking on an electric griddle.
Buying an Electric Griddle
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 10:55:26 PM on 10.0.1.203 in 825 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.