Reviews of Electric Fireplaces

I am thinking I would like a fireplace in my bedroom and do not want a real wood burning one, nor is it feasible. Do any of you have a gel burning or electric fireplace in your home and what are your thoughts? Do the gel ones put out any heat? If you have an electric one, do you have a fan heater with it? How economical are either of these? Would you buy one again, or think it is a waste of money?

Thanks for your opinions!

PrairieLady from SD

Answers:

Reviews of Electric Fireplaces

Have you considered a gas fireplace. We have one in our familyroom and it is great! They also are putting fireplaces in RVs now, they run off propane. (02/21/2006)

By Campnluray

Reviews of Electric Fireplaces

I have been checking into a gel fireplace for a while now. Gas fireplaces are great if the lines have already been run. I want something a little more simple but electric fireplaces look really fake, not sure on efficiency. I've heard gel fireplaces look great just not sure on the amount of heat they give off. Also checking into homemade recipes for the fuel as it is somewhat expensive. (11/26/2007)

By Bill

Reviews of Electric Fireplaces

We looked at everything available in the Denver area and finally decided on a Dimplex electric stove. The Dimplex electric stoves and fireplaces are by far the most realistic ones we've seen. Plus, many people have commented about how real it looks. Now, every one that sees it wants one. Great electric stove. (09/28/2008)

By John