Reviews of OFF! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent

Has anyone tried the new OFF! clip-on mosquito repellent? It has a fan and is supposed to work without having to spray those nasty chemicals directly on your skin. Does it actually work? Does it smell and is it safe for kids? Also, do you need batteries, if so what kind?

By Cyinda from near Seattle

Answers:

try epinions.com (05/12/2009)

By kimmcg

OH yes! I've tried this! Now I'm taking it back today! It didn't repel the mosquitoes, instead it attracted them!

I put one on just after dusk and went outside to do something. After about 15 minutes I was so fed up with swatting them away I turned the machine off. It didn't take but about 5 minutes and the mosquitoes got bored with me then and left me alone.

Hmm, maybe I'll try turning it on and setting it at the other end of the deck! But don't waste your money like I did. You'll be just as fed up with it as I am. Oh, and also, I emailed S.C. Johnson Inc about it. You know what they did? They sent me a coupon for another clip on! So they didn't pay a bit of attention to my complaint at all! (05/12/2009)

By Cricketnc

Not sure what the other reviewer's situation was. Perhaps their diet or local conditions eliminated the effectiveness of the product. Mosquito's are very sensitive to certain chemicals people excrete after eating certain foods, and in some situations they seem just to attack no matter what your defense. I live in North Carolina near a small pond and my back porch is often overcome with the nasty critters. This product worked well for me. I'm not saying it's perfect, and I'm not even saying its better than the traditional repellents cause it's not. However it does seem to work for me far better than their experience was. I would say the amount of mosquito's in the area around me decreased 50-75% however yes some still came around. I would try this product in conjunction with other remedies, such as placing a mosquito attractant at a distance.

Mosquito miracle it's not.. but it is a decent product that does fairly well. For those who don't like the idea of spraying themselves down with chemicals its a good alternative. Give it a try, maybe it will work for you. (05/25/2009)

By SalsaLita

Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
🎄