Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Reviving Dried Out Pens

When your marker stops working, there may be a way to get the ink flowing again. This guide is about reviving dried out pens.

For ink pens that won't write; place the pens upside down in a cup of hot water until the water cools off. Wipe dry and use.

Source: My husband does this and it works very well.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

This is a good idea. Something that I have done is hold the flame of a lighter on the tip of the ballpoint pen, not enough to melt it, just for a second or two. If the ball is stuck this can get it rolling again!

January 19, 2005 Flag

Does anyone know how to refresh dried out marking pens? I have a rather new set and have found that most of them aren't any good. is there any way to salvage them? Thank you!

Carol Overton

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Whenever I run into this problem I take a small cup and fill it with hot tap water. Then remove the caps and place them into the hot water (tip down) for anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute. After dabbing the water off with paper towel, the markers should be as good as new!

I HAVE OFTEN SOAKED THE TIPS SOME IN WATER UNTIL THE TIPS ABSORB A GOOD AMOUNT OF WATER. THEN STORE THEM IN A GOOD ZIPLOC BAG.

WHEN YOU BUY MARKERS IT'S EST TO STORE THEM IN ANY TYPE SEALING BAG. THEY WILL LAST LONGER AND CAN BE REFRESHED.

February 7, 2013 Flag

I was given at least 100 of these triangular high-light markers where most of the three colors: pink, green, and yellow, don't work. I've tried hydrating some of them, but it doesn't work too well. I hate to throw them all away. Any ideas how to use them ?

By Millie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 28, 2009 Flag

My fabric pens dried out. Has anyone successfully rejuvenated their's?

By Keeper

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair OfficeFebruary 14, 2013
Pencil
Reviving Dried Pencil Erasers
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Flower Pens
Making Decorated Ink Pens
Model Magic Clay Pens
Making Model Magic Clay Pens
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 11:02:43 PM on 10.0.2.28 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.