Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Tips and recipes for making Rice Krispie Treats. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Pressing Rice Crispie Treats

Run your hands under cold water before pressing Rice Krispies treats in the pan and the marshmallow won't stick to your fingers. Butter rubbed on your fingers can also be used. (04/05/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Pack the made mix into a buttered funnel for Rice Krispie treat "Kisses" (04/05/2005)

By terry

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Don't use marshmallow creme or add food coloring without using a smidgen less butter. My dd did this and they were too soft to be eaten out of hand (04/05/2005)

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

If you like your Rice Krispy Treats soft and chewy, melt the marshmallows with low heat so the sugar doesn't crystallize. I use my electric wok for this low temperature melting and have received numerous special requests for my treats. (04/05/2005)

By Cheryl from Missouri

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Try using a different kind of cereal, like cheerios. (04/05/2005)

By lindal

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

A few drops of food coloring will give you "seasonal" treats-try orange for Halloween, a pan of red and a pan of green, cut and served on the same plate, etc. for Christmas.(04/05/2005)

By lindal

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

A new twist on an old favorite. One night I made Rice Krispie treats by adding in a little leftover fruit flavored cereal and crushed up fruit flavored candy sticks. My kids loved 'em (04/06/2005)

By Sharon,Ky

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Use the exact measurements of everything, especially the butter. If you use too much butter, the whole pan tastes like you used stale krispies. Also you can spray your stirring spoon with cooking spray and also your hands so that the treat will not stick! It's harder than it looks forming krispies into shapes. I love the idea about using food coloring! How great! (04/06/2005)

By suzi homemaker

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Try using Cocoa Krispies! We're stationed on a military instillation and can't get regular Rice Krispies but we LOVE Cocoa Krispies Treats! (04/06/2005)

By Kathi Black

Pressing Rice Crispie Treats

Press the Rice Crispie Treats into the pan with the back of a nylon spoon (this spoon is shaped like a wooden spoon, but is made of white nylon that has a high heat tolerance). No need to butter or oil it. Nothing sticks to it. I use it any time I have something sticky to spread in a pan. (04/27/2005)

By Sew Girl

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

While melting the butter and marshmallows, I add 1 small package of dry jello mix (strawberry, blueberry, and lemon are really good. Try experimenting with other flavors.) The kids love the new twist, and when I take them to bake sales at school, the kids go nuts over these. (07/05/2005)

By Eaglekitty

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Does anyone know how to make a chocolate frosting for rice krispie bars? I have seen it be a firm frosting that is about 1/2 inch thick on top of the treats. My husband wants me to make this and I don't have a recipe. Thank you. (09/09/2005)

By sasras

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Check the back of the Hershey's cocoa container: perfectly chocolate frosting. Then slowly add sugar to the consistency you want. When you refrigerate it, it stiffens up FAST (03/22/2006)

By camo_angels

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Don't heat the marshmallows until golden brown. If you do, your rice krispies will be rock-solid.
(07/26/2006)

By Grant

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

My kids love when I use cookie cutters in fun holiday shapes and also the alphabet shapes to spell their names (09/28/2006)

By mom4gbgb

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

I usually make these for DH and I adding in 2/3 cup of chocolate chips and substitute about 1 1/2 cups of the krispies with bran buds. nobody notices them in there and they stay crisp. (10/05/2006)

By MinnieMouse

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

My rice krispie treats cooled and are hard as rock. How do I prevent this? (12/24/2006)

By John

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

To make these special for Christmas, add a few drops of green food coloring into the melting marshmallows. After adding the rice crispies, form the treats into palm sized wreaths. Place cinnamon candies around the wreaths as decorations. The final step after all the wreaths are completed is, using red icing, form a small bow at the neck of each wreath. (12/26/2006)

By Gina

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Tear off a small piece of wax paper to keep under your fingertips as you press the Rice Krispies into the pan. This keeps the treats from sticking to you. (10/30/2007)

By Diane

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

For Christmas- make rice crispies treats, cut them into squares, and use the squeeze tube with a tip to make a ribbon and a bow on each one to look like a present. HUGE hit for Christmas parties! (12/20/2007)

By

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

I like to add a cup of peanut butter to the marshmallow and butter mixture while it is melting. You can add slightly less butter for this (1 -2 TBS) My family loves the peanut butter flavor. I also love to make these using cheerios or frosted flakes. (12/24/2007)

By Melissa

need advice!!!

My Church is having a Rice Crispie Cook Off! You can make put anything in the Rice Crispies you like, it just has to be edible. It can be as big as you like. I need help. I dont have a clue what to do. Please give me ideas!! (01/24/2008)

By susie

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Susie - The opportunities are endless for your Krispies Treat cook off! What a fun idea, by the way; I'd love to see all the ideas people come up with. One thing my kids have loved is my chocolate Krispies Treats: when melting the butter and the marshmallows, I add a package of Nestle's semisweet chocolate chips to melt also. This makes rich chocolate Treats.

I make a regular batch as well and, for Valentines Day for example, I cut both out into heart shapes. Then cut each heart in half and press one vanilla half against one chocolate half for a "black and white" treat. (02/13/2008)

By Lynne

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

I had a rice krispies treat with choclate frosting on top about 1/2 thick. They were so good. Does any one have the recipe. Or can you tell me how to make the frosting or what kind you use. I have a specail eveny coming up and thought they would be good to have. Thanks. (03/30/2008)

By kathy614

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

I've made a chocolate topped rice krispie treat by melting 1/2 pkg semi sweet chocolate chips with a 1/2 pkg butterscotch chips in the microwave. Melt in 1 minute intervals stirring well after each. Watch closely or the chips will burn. Then frost the rice krispies while still in the pan. The frosting will harden, but may take around 2 hours so allow for this time before planning to cut them. Once they frosting hardens you can cut into squares. These are eally "Yummy" treats. (04/03/2008)

By hbrosch

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

To pack the treats in pan. Butter the bottom of a flat bottom plastic glass (lightly). And press the treats with this, no sticky fingers, works great! (08/13/2008)

By RUBY FROM KY.

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

My family loves Scotcheroos. 1 c. karo syrup and 1 c.white sugar, bring to a boil. Then add 1 c. peanut butter. The recipe calls for 6 cups of rice krispies (I only use about 4 1/2) I think it makes it too dry with too many rice krispies. After you mix it up pour in buttered pan. While you are making the above mixture, in a separate pan melt 6 oz. choc chips and 6 oz. butterscotch chips. When it is smooth pour it over the rice krispies in the buttered pan. Let it set until it is hardened. IF YOU CAN WAIT! These are so good and rich. Don't eat too much or you get a belly ache. (09/02/2008)

By nightrain71

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Here is a fast and easier way to make rice krispie treats. when i make rice krispies i put the marshmallows in the microwave instead of putting them on the stove top its faster and less time consuming more time for enjoying (09/29/2008)

By jay noble

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

HELP! There's an old recipe for Rice Krispie Bars that used flavored Jello. Does anyone have it? (10/02/2008)

By virginia

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Yo where I live I use the ingredients that I can find. So I recently found Nestle Premier White Baking Bars in 6 oz. packages. How do I build a rice krispie treat recipe around this? I'd love your help Thanks (10/06/2008)

By saipanrose

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

JELLO--Yes, Mix in 1 small box--any flavor, increase butter one tablespoon. May take some time to blend in, try putting it in with the butter. For pudding use 3 tblsp. (10/06/2008)

By Deborah

Rice Krispie Treats Tips and Recipes

Here's a healthy alternative my kids and I just love! We use Total cereal instead of Rice Krispies, and substitute 1/2 cup of cereal with cooked green peas. The veggie factor gives the treats an unexpected zing, plus they're eye-catching - try them! (07/22/2009)

By pot_luck

Rice Krispie treats with sprinkles.
Rice Krispies Treat Recipes
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
🎉
🎄