Rice and Bean Mosaic Decoration
Old beans, corn, and rice can make a great mosaic design hanging.
Approximate Time: 1-2 hours
- thick cardboard
- Elmer's glue
- old beans, corn, and rice
- woven flat basket or frame
- Cut a piece of cardboard the size you'd like for your decor. Draw a design on the cardboard with a pencil.
- Arrange many different kinds of beans and rice in piles to get your design.
- Apply glue in each area and lay beans/rice securely.
- When the design is complete, lay wax paper over the glued design and pile many books on the design over night to dry.
- Attach to a backdrop of either a woven flat basket, a plate, etc.
By Louella N from Billings, MT
Add your voice to the conversation.