Riding Mower Won't Start

My Husqvarna lr125 riding mower won't start. The batteries good, all safety switches bypassed, and new solenoid. It clicks when ignition is turned (same as before new solenoid). It starts when jumped from battery direct to starter. Runs maybe a minute before stopping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

John from Johnson City, Tennessee

Answers:

Riding Mower Won't Start

Check wiring and continuity with a volt meter and make sure its grounded and isn't corroded. (04/04/2008)

By pebley

Riding Mower Won't Start

Thanks for the suggestions!

The battery is new and terminals are good and clean and continuity is good.

What puzzles me is that it will start (by by passing everything) but only run for about 1 minute before it dies. When it dies it is an "electrical" kind of death rather than a "starved for gas" death.
It makes me think that something is heating up and then not working? (04/04/2008)

By grumpy54

Riding Mower Won't Start

I'm having basically the same issue, in so far as the click but won't start. I have charged the battery. The terminals are clean. I would love to hear what fixed your problem. Frank
(04/18/2008)

By wvnomad

Riding Mower Won't Start

I'll let you know Frank. I broke down and hauled it to the local Husqvarna certified repair shop. At this point they are stumped. I replaced the switch, solenoid, bypassed the 3 safety switches, replaced the fuse so that was about the extent of my parts swapping. It will be interesting to see what it was. (04/19/2008)

By grumpy54

Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
removing riding mower wheel
Removing a Wheel from a Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🎉
🎄